Midland Personal Injury Attorney
An accident can put your entire life and livelihood at risk. After an injury, you may be left with more questions than answers. How will you pay for your medical care? Is there enough money to pay the bills while you’re unable to work? You may not even know if you’re going to make a full recovery.
At Seerden Law Firm, PLLC, we understand how painful and stressful a personal injury can be. If you’ve been hurt in a Texas accident, you need an experienced lawyer who can answer your questions and put you at ease.
You also need a tough Midland personal injury attorney who won’t back down when stubborn insurance companies try to limit your claim for compensation. With Attorney Andrew Seerden, you’ll get the best of both worlds — the personalized, one-on one attention that you expect from a small law firm, paired with the legal skills and resources that you want from a large firm.
Call or contact us for a free consultation.
Common Midland Accident Cases We Handle
Texas personal injury law allows victims to seek compensation if they were injured in accidents caused by someone else’s recklessness. This is also called negligence. Andrew Seerden is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and can represent you in a wide range of claims, including:
- Car Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Jones Act/Maritime Law
- Premises Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Boating Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
With more than two decades of experience helping injured Texans obtain the compensation they deserve, Seerden Law Firm, PLLC knows what it takes to build strong and successful personal injury claims. We will pursue your case competently and compassionately. We know how important your case is to you. Your health and wellbeing are our priority, too.
Types Of Injuries We Cover
We have extensive experience representing clients who have suffered serious and catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Burn injuries
- Neck/Back Injuries
- Broken/fractured bones
- Torn ligaments/tendons
At Seerden Law Firm, PLLC, we know that these types of injuries can have far-reaching consequences, both for victims and their families. When we take your case, you can count on us to fight for compensation that accounts for all of your physical, financial, and emotional losses.
Damages You Can Recover From Your Case
In Texas, accident victims can hold negligent parties accountable for their actions by filing a personal injury claim for compensation. This money is called damages. You can recover money for:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Loss of household services
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages (in certain cases)
Proving Negligence Is The Key To Compensation
The success of a Midland personal injury claim depends on whether you can prove the at-fault party was negligent in some way. This is not a simple process.
For example, a grocery store owner might not be held responsible for a customer’s injuries if he or she slipped in spilled juice and there were warning signs around the puddle at the time of the accident. However, if the evidence showed that the store’s management knew about the spill and did not take reasonable measures to warn shoppers or clean it up, victims could have a valid claim for compensation.
In order to prove negligence, you must show that:
- The at-fault party had a duty to keep you safe from harm.
- The duty was breached.
- The breach caused your injuries.
- You suffered actual damages that can be compensated.
The purpose of awarding damages is to make the injured person “whole” again. When it comes to a life-changing injury or wrongful death, Seerden Law Firm, PLLC knows that money cannot possibly make up for all of your losses. But obtaining full and fair compensation can lay the groundwork for you to move forward for whatever the future holds. We’ll fight to secure your future.
Time Limits To File Texas Personal Injury Claims
All states have a deadline for filing personal injury or wrongful death claims. This is called the statute of limitations. Generally, the time limit in Texas is two years from the date that the injury occurred. If you fail to file a personal injury claim before the clock expires, you could lose your rights to compensation forever.
There are certain exceptions to the statute of limitations in Texas. For example, the deadline is extended for injured minors until they reach the age of majority, which is 18. The clock then starts ticking, giving victims until their 20th birthday to file a personal injury claim.
Other exceptions also apply. For this reason, you should seek the advice of a knowledgeable Midland personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
Steps To Take After A Midland Accident
The actions you take after an accident can go a long way in protecting yourself, both physically and legally. You should:
- Check for injuries: Examine yourself (and any other potential victims) for injuries. Call 911 right away if someone is seriously hurt.
- Seek medical attention: See a doctor promptly after an accident, even if you don’t feel hurt. Some injuries aren’t detectable right away. Make sure to tell your doctor that you were in an accident so that it goes on your medical record. Medical reports are the foundation upon which your personal injury claim will be built.
- Contact law enforcement: An officer can make a report of the accident scene, explaining what happened and who was involved. In some cases, the report may also include the officer’s opinion on who is to blame.
- Document the accident scene: If you’re able, take photos of the accident scene. In the case of an auto accident, take pictures of the vehicles involved. Include shots from different angles and any other evidence you believe is relevant. Also take pictures of your injuries throughout the healing process.
- Gather contact information: Get the names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information of everyone involved in the accident. This includes witnesses — anyone who saw the accident can provide valuable testimony to help your case.
- Keep a journal: You should write down everything you remember about the accident. It’s important to do this right away, while the memories are fresh. The details may not be so easy to recount months later, and settling a personal injury claim takes time.
- Contact a skilled personal injury lawyer: Even though there is a two-year window to file a personal injury claim in Texas, you shouldn’t wait that long. An attorney can launch an immediate investigation into your claim so crucial evidence isn’t lost or destroyed.
When To Contact a Midland Personal Injury Attorney
Consider calling a personal injury attorney if:
- You were seriously injured: Serious injuries can be seriously expensive. Aside from medical expenses, severe injuries can also mean extended time off work and possibly the inability to work ever again. With so much at stake, you need a personal injury attorney who will demand compensation to help with your current and future financial needs.
- You lost a loved one: If a family member died in an accident caused by another, you could be entitled to file a wrongful death claim in Texas. Compensation in a wrongful death claim can account for funeral and burial expenses, as well as pain and suffering, loss of household services, lost companionship, and more.
- The injury has caused financial hardship: The lifetime costs of caring for people who are catastrophically injured can reach into the millions. Few families are prepared for such devastating financial hits. Insurance companies are quick to offer settlements to accident victims. This is not compassion. This is a tactic that insurance companies use to avoid making proper payouts. A diligent personal injury attorney will be able to place a fair value on your case and work to negotiate a fair settlement.
- You don’t know what to do: It’s natural to feel overwhelmed in the wake of an accident. If you aren’t sure of what your legal rights are, turn to a personal injury attorney for advice. The good news is that most personal injury law firms, including Seerden Law Firm, PLLC, offer free initial consultations. You can learn your legal options with no obligation. Schedule a no-cost consultation with Andrew Seerden by filling out our online contact form today.
How Can Seerden Law Firm Help Me?
If you have suffered a personal injury in Midland or a surrounding community, the last thing you need to worry about is arguing with an insurance company for a fair settlement offer. Let Seerden Law Firm, PLLC take up the fight for you.
Our law firm can take care of every aspect of the personal injury process for you. We will:
- Listen to your story and outline your options in a free consultation, with no strings attached
- Handle all communications with insurance companies from the moment you hire us
- Launch an in-depth investigation of your claim
- Collect evidence and expert testimony to prove the severity of the injury and its impact of your life
- Represent you aggressively at the settlement table
- Be prepared to take your case to trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached
To learn more about how we can help, call or contact us today.